Communion Meditation – John 10:11-15, 18 – One Essential Person
At 7:20 AM on Saturday as I drove to school on a Labor Day weekend I thought of the classes already canceled. Then my thoughts turned to the holiday listing from Human Resources. The list included a clause about the service of essential personnel on holidays. Some persons have to serve.
Listen to John 10:11-15 and 18:
(12) The hired hand is not the shepherd who owns the sheep. So when he sees the wolf coming, he abandons the sheep and runs away. Then the wolf attacks the flock and scatters it.
(13) The man runs away because he is a hired hand and cares nothing for the sheep.
(14) I am the good shepherd; I know my sheep and my sheep know me –
(15) Just as the Father knows me and I know the Father – I lay down my life for the sheep.
(18) No one takes it from me, but I lay it down on my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. This command I received from my Father.